Catch our MD, Emanuel Greisen and SVP of International Market, Ron Volpe at GS1 Connect in June. They will be speaking about the importance of traceability in the Food industry today – and share a practical case, explaining how technology can be utilised to gather data across seafood supply chains.
About Our Topic
We will present our traceability work in the global food supply chain that reflects the benefits, beyond simply regulatory compliance, that the capture and sharing of traceability data across actors in supply chain can deliver, how common language (e.g. EPCIS) and framework (e.g. FDA) can reduce global supply chain friction, the role of ecosystems in delivering holistic traceability solutions, and the role that COVID-19 has played in accelerating the adoption of new technologies.
Our team will focus on
- The benefits that granular traceability can deliver to a supply chain.
- How an effective traceability system involves multiple integrated actors.
- The existential threat to food manufacturers and retailers that continue to resist investing in technology (traceability and other) which can help them manage the hugely complex and global supply chains that have developed over the past 5 years.
- The need for common technology languages and frameworks.
Important things to know about the Conference:
- The theme of this year’s Conference: Move Beyond Supply Chain Challenges
- Format: It is a digital Conference, so you can join from anywhere in the world at a place that is convenient to you
- The website: Gs1 Connect